(FOX NEWS) — One California community joining forces to help a young child fighting for his life.
Four-year-old Jasper Mazzocco of Redding, California is currently battling brain cancer.
When members of his preschool class found out, they wanted to help and came up with the idea for a hot cocoa stand to raise money for his treatments.
Some dedicated parents heard the idea and quickly got to work organizing the event.
Parents gathered cookies, cakes, and other beverages to sell spreading the word throughout the community.
And folks didn’t disappoint; showing up to the sale in full force.
An astounding $10,000 was raised for Jasper and his family.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Second Ramadan of pandemic begins amid restrictions
- Airbnb removing 1-night home listings for July 4 weekend to discourage large parties
- NASA Official Discusses Ingenuity Flight Plans and Future of Space Exploration
- South African variant may be able to ‘break through’ Pfizer vaccine, study finds
- Sod Poodles announce 2021 season events