(WOOD/NBC News) “God Bless America” is a tune that underscores David Youngs’ love for his country and his neighbors.
“‘God Bless America’ is really a prayer,” Youngs says.
The Otsego, Michigan resident has been singing that prayer from his front porch for more than a month.
“I just thought it would be a way of praying over the neighborhood and bringing people together,” he says.
Matt Grile, who lives next door to Youngs, say he finds Youngs’ voice comforting.
“You hear it and you know your neighbors are out, and they’re okay,” Grile says.
Youngs said he’ll keep singing “God Bless America” twice a day until Governor Gretchn Whitmer lifts her Stay Home, Stay Safe order.
Read more: https://bit.ly/35aJh4n
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- AFD responds to fire in northwest Amarillo
- Fire in Amarillo causes ammunition to discharge
- Lane closures for the week of September 20, 2020
- Hog wild: U.S. and Texas have ‘out of control’ population of ‘super-pigs,’ expert says
- State of Texas: Unanswered calls keep some Texans denied unemployment from making appeals