(WPTZ/NBC News) A dog has “announced” her bid to run for mayor of Fair Haven, Vermont.
K-9 Sammy currently serves on the Fair Haven Police Department and has decided to put her hat into the mayoral race.
The 6-year-old pure bread German shepherd is a rescue dog and is trained in tracking and drugs. She also makes time to stop at the schools.
Fair Haven has a town manager; the election of a pet as mayor is used as an annual fundraiser.
“We thought to go the national trend and have our dog challenge the mayor or whoever the candidate is, to campaign fundraising and all that money would be donated to the playground fund,” says Fair Haven Police Chief Bill Humphries.
In 2019, Lincoln, a goat, won the mayor’s seat by only three votes.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2tRFb2W
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Ohio police suspend officer caught on video dragging teen
- How states are planning for coronavirus vaccine distribution
- Breast oncologist breaks down myths, prevention and tell-tale signs
- Shelters prepare for inclement weather
- Trump vs. Biden: Are there any undecided voters left?