NIAGARA COUNTY, New York (NBC NEWS) — After spending 500 days in a shelter, Joey – a three-year-old dog – found his forever home!!
The longest resident at the Niagara County SPCA has finally found a home!
Staff and volunteers said this is the moment they’ve been waiting for!
Because he’s been around for so long, he’s become a favorite with the staff.
Before Joey left with his new family, the staff and volunteers lined up and each placed a lei on Joey’s neck – he returned the favor with kisses.
Joey is said to be sweet and mellow, they say he loves his treats and toys and is really an old soul at heart.
It’s not clear why it took so long for Joey to find his forever family, perhaps the fact that he required a home without other animals or smaller kids limited his options.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- APH reporting 1,121 new COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths, 121 new recoveries in the Amarillo area
- National Coffee Day: Freebies and deals from Dunkin, Krispy Kreme, Starbucks and more
- New PBS film examines construction boom on backs of Latino workers
- Sam’s Club unveils “12 Days of Wine” advent calendar
- Airbnb cracks down on house parties, suspending more than 20 listings in the Austin area