MALATYA, Turkey (NBC NEWS) — A powerful earthquake shook the delivery room of a private hospital in eastern Turkey, minutes after a baby was born.
Video shows the quake struck as the midwife was cleaning the newborn.
No injuries were reported.
A hospital doctor said that both the mother and baby were healthy.
The 6.8-magnitude quake struck on Friday night, killing 40 people, with more than 1,600 sustaining injuries.
Turkey’s disaster and emergency authority said it was followed by hundreds of aftershocks.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- TCU coach says he’s COVID-19 positive, Longhorns game at TCU postponed
- Applying Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s messages to current times
- New mural goes up in downtown Wichita
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Four people injured after multiple shootings in Monroe County