(NBC News) Rayshard Brooks was laid to rest in Atlanta, Georgia Tuesday.
The private service was held at Ebenezer Baptist Church, the same church where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. used to preach. The Reverend Raphael Warnock delivered the eulogy.
Brooks was shot and killed on June 12 during a confrontation with Atlanta police officers in a Wendy’s parking lot.
His death has sparked nationwide protests and continued calls for police reform.
Read more: https://nbcnews.to/2VaSkOY
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Newsfeed Now: Moderna seeking emergency use authorization for COVID-19 vaccine; young genius makes history
- Traveling nurse diagnosed with both COVID-19 and cancer while helping with coronavirus efforts
- Children’s Miracle Network begins ‘Christmas is for Miracles’ campaign
- PHOTOS: White House Christmas decorations revealed
- ‘Rallying For Raiden’: Community puts on birthday parade for boy who lost parents to COVID-19