SHERMAN COUNTY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — One person is dead after a wreck in Sherman County.
It happened on Friday, December 27 around 6:15 p.m., about a half of a mile north of Stratford on US 87.
According to DPS, David Hall, 68, of Fritch attempted to pass a pickup towing a travel trailer when his vehicle hydroplaned. Officials said Hall hit the pickup and travel trailer and continued to slide, hitting another vehicle.
Hall died on the scene. Troopers said he was not wearing a seatbelt.
One person from the other vehicle was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The crash is still under investigation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- The Amarillo High Sandies storm past the Palo Duro Dons
- 1 dead, 2 critical after bus bound for Grand Canyon rolls over
- 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation: FBI
- Ohio family grateful for pardon from President Trump
- Boom system installed south of the border to prevent trash from flowing into U.S.