CLOVIS, N.M. (KAMR/KCIT) — Former Clovis City Manager Joe Thomas has died. According to the Muffley Funeral Home in Clovis, Thomas, 70, served in various city administrative positions over his 43 year career, including law enforcement and public works.
According to his obituary, Thomas was born on October 10, 1950, in Tucumcari, and had a passion for firearms and hunting.
Thomas is survived by his wife Mearl, and two daughters, T’Mara and Brandi, Muffley officials said.
Services are scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday, April 17, 2021, at Central Baptist Church in Clovis.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- New wristbands serve as wearable vaccine card
- FAA proposes fining unruly passenger $32,750 for allegedly refusing to wear mask, hurting flight attendants
- Catholic Charities of the Texas Panhandle awarded $27,000 grant from Texas Bar Foundation
- 3 injured in Idaho middle school shooting; student captured
- Twitter suspends ‘From the desk of Donald J. Trump’ account