(NBC NEWS) — Thanksgiving is a day known for overeating which can lead to expanding waistlines.
But it’s still possible to be a smart eater.
Experts with Baylor College say the best thing you can do is to follow the so-called plate method.
Half of the plate should consist of non-starchy vegetables, one quarter should contain protein, and another quarter should be starch.
And yes, experts say it is okay to eat a dinner roll just this one time.
When it comes to alcohol say “no” when someone tries to top off your wine glass because it makes it harder to keep track of how much you’re consuming.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Here’s the story behind those electrified ‘e-shields’ authorities were carrying during Memphis protests
- Demand Justice group buys Amy Coney Barrett’s domain name, site redirects to criticism of her record
- PTSD after COVID-19: ‘No doubt’ it’ll happen,’ says NIMH director
- Brain-eating amoeba detected in Lake Jackson water supply, residents should not use tap