(CNN) — The US Surgeon General wants to help people stop smoking.
A new report by the Surgeon General released on Thursday aims to point out how beneficial it is to quit smoking at any age.
The report is the first since 1990 to focus solely on quitting smoking.
Smoking is the leading cause of preventable disease, disability, and death in the United States.
The report also notes there isn’t enough evidence to support claims that e-cigarettes can help users stop smoking.
The Surgeon General does suggest more research is needed.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- President Trump rallies in Georgia ahead of Senate runoffs
- Dramatic video shows man falling out of moving SUV onto busy roadway in Lafayette
- City of Amarillo Coming Home Project holds Christmas tree drive
- Mild weekend weather ahead
- PSJA North football team heads to the playoffs following Edinburg suspension