(FOX NEWS) — A new study says your body can handle one of America’s favorite foods even if it leaves some small “Love-handles” around your sides.
Researchers at the University of Bath in England say your body can handle the occasional “Binge-eating” of pizza without too much worry about the overall metabolic changes.
The scientists studying a group of young men ages 22 to 37 who volunteered to overeat pizza, or between one and two-and-a-half pizzas.
They then measured for changes in blood sugar, blood fats, insulin, and other hormones.
The researchers surprised to find their bodies were relatively able to maintain control, even in binge eating.
The scientists emphasizing such eating should not be often.
Results were published in the British Journal of Nutrition.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Mental Health First-Aid class aims to educate people about the issue
- City of Clovis, NM Cares: Small business continuity grant application Oct. 1
- TTUHSC Hosting Medication Cleanout
- National Cooking Day presents Funnel Cakes
- Mom’s remains disappear after being mailed to wrong address