(CNN) — A new study suggests bathing could be good for your heart.
It found that a daily hot bath was associated with a 28-percent lower risk of heart disease — and a 26-percent lower risk of stroke.
Researchers believe that’s likely because taking a bath is also associated with lowering blood pressure.
The study — published in the journal “Heart” — tracked the bathing habits and cardiovascular disease risk of more than 61,000 Japanese adults for 20 years.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- LIVE: US panel to decide who should get first COVID-19 vaccine shots
- ‘Juno’ star Elliot Page announces he is transgender
- Mystery monolith vanishes in Romania: alien action or local prank?
- DPS seeking information in Refugio County Cold Case Homicide
- The United Family to donate one dollar to local food banks for each flu shot during December