(CNN) —Your mom might have been right when she said you were the cause of her gray hairs.
A new study has linked extreme stress to premature graying.
Scientists at Harvard looked at how mice reacted to stress, they found that when the “fight or flight” response to danger kicks in. It also creates a biochemical response that can turn your hair gray.
Researchers hope the study may also help them learn how stress affects different organs and tissues.
You can read more in Wednesday’s edition of the scientific journal Nature.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Tracking the Tropics: Record-breaking 2020 hurricane season drawing to a close
- Traveling nurse gets shocking diagnosis while helping with coronavirus efforts in North Dakota
- Traveling abroad? The CDC now says you should get 3 coronavirus tests
- Marshall man arrested for shooting after fight at gas station
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments