(CNN) — If you want to take care of your heart, grab some almonds.
That’s according to researchers at Tufts University.
They advise eating one-and-a-half ounces of those nuts daily.
The almonds could possibly reduce CVD risk factors like high cholesterol and help lower blood lipid levels.
Better heart health can help ultimately lessen a person’s healthcare costs.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- A cold start this Sunday morning
- Bushland Softball Claims District Title
- Amarillo-Panhandle Humane Society transports over 60 rescue animals to neighbor states, adds second van to fleet
- Unknown Comics, local business renowned in the world of comic books opens retail location
- Amarillo Crime Stoppers hosts 14th annual ‘Shred It’ day, aimed at preventing ID theft