(NBC NEWS) — An increasing number of senior citizens are smoking pot!
That’s according to a new study from New York University.
It showed marijuana use in older adults increased by 75-percent between 2015 and 2018.
Researchers say the rise is likely due to the legalization of the drug in many states.
And they are calling for more studies to understand the benefits and risks of marijuana use among older adults.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Police shootout during FOX 5 live report ends in arrest
- SCOTUS considers Arizona voting rights case as House lawmakers debate bill expanding access to polls
- Governor Abbott’s Executive Order GA-34 to allow all businesses and facilities to return to 100% capacity
- Report labels the best and worst states for children during the pandemic
- TWC says it processed 948% more unemployment claims, 2,000% more payments in 2020 compared to 2019