(CNN) — If you’re a golf-lover, you probably don’t need any more reasons to hit the links, but here’s one anyway.
According to a new study, golfing may help older adults live longer.
Specifically, the preliminary research found that playing golf at least once a month can lower the risk of premature death in older adults 65 and older.
The comprehensive findings will be presented later this month at the American Stroke Association International Stroke Conference in LA.
If the findings are accurate, it’s good news for millions of people.
According to the National Golf Foundation, nearly 25 million people in the US play golf.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Dave Prowse, actor who played Darth Vader, dies at 85
- Mother of slain Florida teen shot during his burial service
- Sweet 16: Vote in round two of our holiday movie bracket
- Merriam-Webster’s top word of 2020 is no surprise
- Bureau of Land Management confirms ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste