(FOX NEWS) — A four-year-old Iowa girl who lost her vision while battling the flu can see again.
Jade Delucia’s parents were, at one point, worried their daughter wouldn’t survive.
It started around Christmas.
They thought Jade had a cold.
Mom and dad rushed her to an emergency room.
She was then life-flighted to the University of Iowa children’s hospital.
A doctor there says Jade had Influenza B and she had developed Acute Necrotizing Encephalopathy.
Doctors will continue to monitor Jade’s development.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Mother of slain Florida teen shot during his burial service
- Sweet 16: Vote in round two of our holiday movie bracket
- Merriam-Webster’s top word of 2020 is no surprise
- Bureau of Land Management confirms ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste
- Maxwell’s Pumpkin Farm opens First Magical Christmas Festival this weekend