(FOX NEWS) — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is warning pet owners to avoid putting masks on their furry friends.
The health agency says pets are at low risk for contracting the coronavirus.
However, there are steps pet owners can take to keep their animals safe.
The CDC suggests keeping pets away from people who aren’t in their household, and from anyone who may be sick.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- One man dead after crash in Moore County
- How a Texas town is using poop to beat COVID-19 outbreaks
- Gov. Abbott announces legislative proposals beefing up penalties aimed at rioters
- Amarillo ramp closure Oct. 1
- Stimulus checks: Mark Cuban pushes for $1,000 payments every 2 weeks