(NBC NEWS) — What if we told you you could avoid catching a cold this winter by getting the flu!
Well, scientists in the UK noticed a drop in cases of the common cold as flu activity increased.
And the same was true for individuals.
They found people were significantly less likely to get a cold or flu if they were already infected with the other virus!
Experts say the viruses may be competing for cells to infect or the immune response to one virus could make it harder for the other to infect the same person.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- APD Fugitive of the Week: Alejandro Ramos
- The historic role of El Lector in educating cigar factory workers
- Sunshine for Charlotte 5-K registration open
- WT Little Theater is hosting a live-streamed radio play
- 870,000 Americans filed new unemployment claims last week