(NBC NEWS) — Many of us are depending on hand sanitizer to protect against coronavirus.
But a new study suggests most people are coming up short!
Researchers from the Centers for Disease Control found rubbing in hand sanitizer for exactly 30 seconds kills COVID-19.
But anything less can leave traces of active virus leaving you vulnerable to infection.
So a few things to remember.
Always use sanitizers with an alcohol content of 70-percent or more.
Rub in a generous amount for a full 30 seconds about the time it takes to sing happy birthday three times.
And be sure to get between your fingers and on the backs of your hands.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- ‘Downton Abbey’ cast returning for sequel arriving in theaters in December
- Stalker arrested at Taylor Swift’s New York apartment building, police say
- Newsfeed Now: Jury deliberations set to start in Chauvin trial; NASA launches helicopter over surface of Mars
- 5-year-old girl wins staredown with backyard bobcat
- ‘Creepy’ doorbell video shows intruder on NM family’s porch for 6 hours