(FOX NEWS) — The CDC and FDA are continuing their investigation of a salmonella outbreak linked to onions.
As of Friday afternoon, there have been at least 640 cases of salmonella reported across 43 states and about 85 people have been hospitalized.
The CDC is advising consumers, restaurants, and retailers not to eat, serve, or sell red, white, yellow, and sweet onions from Thomson International.
Several grocery stores and food manufacturers have already recalled onions and food containing onions.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- High demand for flu shots as experts hope to avoid ‘twindemic’
- XFL football games to return spring of 2022
- Two full moons to shine in October
- 837,000 Americans filed for unemployment last week
- Newsfeed Now: Burn victim goes viral on TikTok; Sonic employees go over & beyond for 7-year-old in Arkansas