(CNN) — The CDC has released new preliminary data about the impact of the current flu season.
The agency estimates that — between October and the end of January — there were between 19-and 26-million flu related illnesses in the US and up to 25,000 deaths.
The CDC has a couple of warnings about this data.
It’s preliminary and there may be even more cases.
Also, these are estimated ranges that were calculated using weekly surveillance data along with data from prior seasons.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Stinnett Police Chief placed on administrative leave
- Visits to Las Vegas may have fueled coronavirus spread, study finds
- Stimulus for moms: Why some are calling for mothers to get monthly checks
- How to get Walmart, Sam’s Club COVID-19 vaccine
- APH reports 129 new cases, 7 deaths, 204 recoveries in Amarillo area