(NBC NEWS) — Americans spend more on treating low back and neck pain than any other health condition.
That’s according to a new study from the University of Washington.
Out of the 154 conditions studied back and neck pain generated the highest costs in 2016 topping 134-billion dollars.
When combined with other musculoskeletal disorders like arthritis the total exceeded 380-billion.
Other high cost conditions included diabetes (111.2 billion), heart disease (89.3 billion) and falls (87.4 billion).
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- SKYTRACKER: Kansas River showing effects of drought
- 5 ways to lower your risk of spreading COVID-19 at Thanksgiving
- Pa Health Secretary addresses halt on alcohol sales on Thanksgiving Eve
- Bamlanivimab infusion wing in El Paso starts accepting patients
- Health and Human Services looking at mid-December for COVID-19 vaccine distributions to states