(NBC NEWS) — Americans spend more on treating low back and neck pain than any other health condition.
That’s according to a new study from the University of Washington.
Out of the 154 conditions studied back and neck pain generated the highest costs in 2016 topping 134-billion dollars.
When combined with other musculoskeletal disorders like arthritis the total exceeded 380-billion.
Other high cost conditions included diabetes (111.2 billion), heart disease (89.3 billion) and falls (87.4 billion).
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Clear the Shelters: Dove Creek Equine Rescue
- No spots given: Borger Football runs in the family for the Toliver’s
- Eric Trump says Harris as Biden’s VP doesn’t worry Trump campaign
- Texas couple charged after infant son found dead in bucket of tar
- Tijuana to spend $30 million on new streetlight system