(NBC NEWS) — Americans spend more on treating low back and neck pain than any other health condition.
That’s according to a new study from the University of Washington.
Out of the 154 conditions studied back and neck pain generated the highest costs in 2016 topping 134-billion dollars.
When combined with other musculoskeletal disorders like arthritis the total exceeded 380-billion.
Other high cost conditions included diabetes (111.2 billion), heart disease (89.3 billion) and falls (87.4 billion).
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- Indian Association of Amarillo donates to High Plains Food Bank
- Illinois boy designs kids’ hospital gown, draws inspiration from sister’s surgeries
- Top stories: Beer’s back; Mayors demand funding; Census push
- Texas Health and Human Services helping feed students through food benefits