(FOX NEWS) — America’s TV doctor offers up his opinion on your morning meal claiming the ritual of breakfast as a morning necessity is a sham.
Doctor Mehmet Oz, who’s hosted health shows on Oprah Winfrey’s Network says Americans should do to breakfast like what happens to a bad TV show, cancel it.
Oz recently telling TMZ we really don’t need to eat breakfast and our fixation on breakfast came out of advertisements for products, rather than health needs.
Oz says our first meal of the day should be when we’re actually hungry.
And if we’re hungry early, we’re going through food withdrawal from having eaten late-night carbs, which messes up our body’s insulin.
But, Oz is a fan of one meal, brunch. The combination of breakfast and lunch.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- Amarillo to see new bus shelters
- One injured after shooting near downtown Amarillo
- 4 charged in death of man found burning in Iowa ditch