(FOX NEWS) — America’s TV doctor offers up his opinion on your morning meal claiming the ritual of breakfast as a morning necessity is a sham.
Doctor Mehmet Oz, who’s hosted health shows on Oprah Winfrey’s Network says Americans should do to breakfast like what happens to a bad TV show, cancel it.
Oz recently telling TMZ we really don’t need to eat breakfast and our fixation on breakfast came out of advertisements for products, rather than health needs.
Oz says our first meal of the day should be when we’re actually hungry.
And if we’re hungry early, we’re going through food withdrawal from having eaten late-night carbs, which messes up our body’s insulin.
But, Oz is a fan of one meal, brunch. The combination of breakfast and lunch.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Two moms and their 12-year-old daughters killed in crash while on way to volleyball tournament
- Nike’s auto-lacing basketball sneaker on sale
- Social media has an influence on your food choices
- Runner proposes to his girlfriend at the Austin Marathon finish line
- Utah police help new mom with baby formula after 911 call