EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – Officials with the El Paso Police Department (EPPD) released details of a situation that ended with officers tasering a 10-year-old girl.
According to EPPD officials, the incident took place on Sunday, April 3, along the 4600 block of Atlas in Northeast El Paso.
Officers, along with the Crisis Intervention Team, were sent to the home on a call of a ‘suicidal girl, armed with a knife.’
According to EPPD, the girl’s parents were unable to restrain her and she fled before officers arrived.
If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts, contact the Emergence Crisis Hotline (Mental Health Crisis) 24/7: 915.779.1800
- Potter, Randall counties report early voting totals for May 24 Runoff Election
- Hundreds expelled to Haiti from El Paso under Title 42 on Friday
- Volunteers greet and feed asylum-seekers at Arizona-Mexico border
- Curry County jail announces resignation of Detention Administrator
- Moth species not seen since 1912 found in luggage at Michigan airport
- Bird-watcher falsely accused in racist Central Park encounter gets Nat Geo show