(CNN) — They flew off the shelves when the pandemic first hit.
Now they’re official.
The US Environmental Protection Agency has given its first approval to disinfectants that kill coronavirus.
Two Lysol products are federally approved as effective against coronavirus.
They are Lysol disinfectant spray and Lysol disinfectant max cover mist.
The approval is based on lab testing that found when used on hard, non-porous surfaces, both products kill the virus two minutes after contact.
Lysol says it’s currently working on testing other disinfectant products against coronavirus.
Back in April, a musing by President Trump if people could disinfect from the inside during a coronavirus briefing prompted Lysol to issue a statement warning people not to inject or ingest disinfectant products.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Website offering “dream job” paying $2,500 to watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days
- Here’s why it’s crucial to quarantine for 14 days after COVID-19 exposure
- Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham announces special session for state relief for New Mexico businesses and unemployed
- Biden begins nominating cabinet members as Trump continues to fight election results
- Social-distancing bench helps Santa Chrys safely take pictures with guests