(CNN) — They flew off the shelves when the pandemic first hit.
Now they’re official.
The US Environmental Protection Agency has given its first approval to disinfectants that kill coronavirus.
Two Lysol products are federally approved as effective against coronavirus.
They are Lysol disinfectant spray and Lysol disinfectant max cover mist.
The approval is based on lab testing that found when used on hard, non-porous surfaces, both products kill the virus two minutes after contact.
Lysol says it’s currently working on testing other disinfectant products against coronavirus.
Back in April, a musing by President Trump if people could disinfect from the inside during a coronavirus briefing prompted Lysol to issue a statement warning people not to inject or ingest disinfectant products.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Four people dead in morning plane crash in Leon County
- Cowboys win in miracle comeback
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Candlelight Vigil to be held in Amarillo
- Aggravated assault at local restaurant leaves woman with life-threatening injuries
- Foot Locker turning U.S. stores into temporary voter registration sites