- Connects to your Wi-Fi so you can control it from your smartphone.
- Learns your temperature preferences and adjusts the temperature when you’re not home to save energy, saving you 10% to 12% on heating and 15% on cooling, on average.
Philips Hue LED
- Because they’re LED, they use less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs
- They’re also dimmable and connect to your Wi-Fi, so they’re easily controllable from your smartphone.
HP Envy Photo Printer (6200, 7100 or 7800)
- ENERGY STAR certified and 30 percent of its weight actually comes from printers that customers recycle at Best Buy stores.
Almost any type of electronics including cell phones, CD players, cords, computers, mp3 players, tablets, batteries, printers, and more can be recycled. Just drop them off at your nearby store. Check BestBuy.com/recycling.
In-store, Best Buy also accepts tube TVs with screens smaller than 32” and flat-panel TVs with screens smaller than 50” – for $25. In stores, Best Buy will also recycle small appliances including vacuums and fans. Larger TVs and appliances can be picked up via haul-away for $99 – or just $15 if you buy a new TV. In addition, Best Buy has a trade-in, letting you redeem older products for Best Buy gift cards. Check BestBuy.com/TradeIn to find your nearest trade-in location.
Since 2009, Best Buy has recycled more than 1.5 billion pounds of electronics and appliances. In 2017 alone, Best Buy collected more than 170 million pounds of electronics and appliances.
Tips to follow when recycling electronics:
- If the device has memory storage, be sure to wipe your personal data from it.
- Make sure the device is clean and without broken pieces or it won’t be accepted.
What are old electronics turned into?
- Plastics can be reused in a variety of products ranging from toys to gardening tools and landscaping equipment, to decking material and lawn furniture.
- Flat-panel TV glass can be repurposed for use as digital watch faces, or mixed with other glass streams to create road construction grading material.
- Various metals are separated by a stream, sent to the appropriate smelters for processing and further separation to eventually come back for reuse in a variety of products such as new electronics, jewelry, wiring, construction materials and more. What are some potential deals on recycling, trade-in or ecofriendly products?
Get 15 percent off any HP printer when you recycle any old printer
Get 15 percent off a new modem or router and In-Home Wi-Fi Setup service when you recycle any modem or router.
Keep an eye out for the ENERGY STAR mark, which means the product helps save money and protects the environment – from appliances to smart home tech. The EPA ensures that each product that earns the label is independently certified to deliver quality, performance, and savings. Best Buy’s an ENERGY STAR 2018 Partner of the Year for the large assortment of products they sell and their continued customer education on energy efficiency. Since 2009, Best Buy has helped customers save more than $700 million in utility costs.
101 Westgate Pkwy