The 14th roller coaster has arrived at Six Flags Over Texas. El Diablo is a new ride that is the world’s tallest loop coaster. Towering a staggering 100 feet tall, El Diablo will boast a fiery red and orange theme and send riders back and forth, propelling them head over heels through a series of 360° revolutions. The coaster changes direction halfway through the ride cycle, leaving riders suspended upside down at the top of the loop for even more intense thrills.
El Diablo facts:
- The ride manufacturer is Larson International, based in Plainview, TX.
- El Diablo is the 14th roller coaster for Six Flags Over Texas.
- The ride is 100 feet tall.
- El Diablo can accommodate up to 32 passengers at a time.
- The ride features unique “face-off” style seating.
- This allows riders to sit across from one another to interact and see others’ reactions while enjoying the ride.
- El Diablo has a height requirement of 48”.
- The ride uses a pendulum style takeoff to swing riders back and forth, completing several 360º degree revolutions.
- At top speed, the ride completes a rotation in exactly 6.66 seconds.
- The ride is located in the Spain section of the park.
For more about the ride, click here.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with $1.5 billion in revenue and 26 parks across the United States, Mexico, and Canada. For 58 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling waterparks, and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.