(CNN) — The sun is currently going through a less active phase called a solar minimum.
That’s when the sun is much quieter meaning less sunspots and energy.
Scientists at NASA say we’re in a “Grand solar minimum” — the last time that happened was between 1650 and 1715.
During that time, there was the little ice age in Earth’s northern hemisphere…
Scientists say this solar minimum won’t spark another mini ice age because of climate change.
And they knew this one was coming because it’s a regular aspect of the sun’s cycle.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Texas Panhandle War Memorial continues to honor veterans
- Federal benefits for veterans, family members, and widows
- Local assisted living facility using contact tracing band to decrease spread of COVID-19
- Local family stays virtually connected with mom in nursing home
- Houston Astros open team facilities for player workouts on Monday