CANYON, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — A woman is dead and a man is hospitalized after an early morning wreck in Canyon.
According to City of Canyon officials, at about 4:53 a.m., the Canyon Police Department and Canyon Fire Department responded to a two vehicle crash in the 2500 block of US Highway 87. The female driver of a white Kia was deceased on scene.
Authorities said the male driver of a red Dodge was transported to a local hospital with serious injuries. No other vehicles or passengers were involved. An autopsy was ordered by Randall County Justice of the Peace Tracy Byrd.
Names of the victims have not been released pending notification of the next of kin, city officials explained. The investigation is ongoing.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- What to know about forensic cleanups
- Fully vaccinated Bill Maher tests positive for COVID-19
- Hill County Constable shot during Central Texas pursuit
- Red Lobster to name a lucky fan as its ‘Chief Biscuit Officer’: Here’s how to apply
- Woman’s $26M lotto ticket destroyed in laundry, California store manager says