HEDLEY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — One person is dead after a wreck in Hedley.
It happened about 10:05 a.m. on US 287.
According to DPS Troopers, a truck was driving east on US 287, when it turned across westbound traffic to avoid hitting another truck that was waiting on a vehicle to turn off the road.
Officials said Ronald Simpkins, 43, of Childress, who was driving west, tried to turn right to avoid a collision with the truck but was hit on the driver side.
Simpkins died on scene.
A passenger in the truck was taken to the hospital with what officials said were serious injuries.
The crash is still under investigation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Working Ranch Cowboys Association has new youth program for the Ranch Rodeo
- Las Vegas Raiders receive backlash for tweet on Chauvin verdict
- Kristin Smart’s body was once buried in yard of home owned by suspect’s dad: Court docs
- ‘Basic accountability’: Biden advocates for reform after Chauvin verdict
- George Floyd’s girlfriend reacts to Derek Chauvin verdict