HEDLEY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — One person is dead after a wreck in Hedley.
It happened about 10:05 a.m. on US 287.
According to DPS Troopers, a truck was driving east on US 287, when it turned across westbound traffic to avoid hitting another truck that was waiting on a vehicle to turn off the road.
Officials said Ronald Simpkins, 43, of Childress, who was driving west, tried to turn right to avoid a collision with the truck but was hit on the driver side.
Simpkins died on scene.
A passenger in the truck was taken to the hospital with what officials said were serious injuries.
The crash is still under investigation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Texas Tech’s head football coach talks about incoming area freshmen
- Fire crews battle fire on East Amarillo Blvd.
- Kodak announces ‘special committee’ to review recent conduct
- A Hot August weekend with rain chances
- Will the coronavirus ever be stopped? Here’s what experts say