ST. LOUIS — Dick’s Sporting Goods is looking to hire as many as 9,000 workers for the holidays.
The Pittsburgh-based chain will host its “National Signing Day” recruiting effort on Oct. 14 for positions across the country.
The extra staffing will serve the company’s stores and distribution centers as well as fulfill curbside pickup and ship-from-store orders.
“Our in-store teammates are key to providing the exceptional customer service experience and expert guidance our customers expect,” Julie Lodge-Jarrett, Dick’s senior vice president and chief people officer, said in a statement.
All Dick’s store locations and distribution centers will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, but Black Friday offers will be available on Thanksgiving Day at dicks.com, golfgalaxy.com and fieldandstreamshop.com.
Job applicants are encouraged to apply online on the company’s website.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Dave Prowse, actor who played Darth Vader, dies at 85
- Mother of slain Florida teen shot during his burial service
- Sweet 16: Vote in round two of our holiday movie bracket
- Merriam-Webster’s top word of 2020 is no surprise
- Bureau of Land Management confirms ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste