DALHART, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Due to what Dalhart Police said is a flu breakout in the police department, the agency will be closed to the public and non-essential employees until Monday, February 3.
DPD said this will allow for time to disinfect and clean the facility and to allow for staff to get better.
They said if assistance is needed to call 806-244-5544 and they will send an officer to you.
The department added that officers will still be patrolling and other agencies will assist when needed.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- NY governor apologizes after sexual harassment allegations; lawmakers push for investigation
- 1 in 3 nonprofits in danger of closing due to pandemic
- ‘Neanderthal thinking,’ Biden says of ending state mask mandates in Texas, Mississippi
- Texas Education Agency announces updates to their public health guidance
- School/child care workers now eligible for COVID-19 vaccine in Texas