DALHART, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Due to what Dalhart Police said is a flu breakout in the police department, the agency will be closed to the public and non-essential employees until Monday, February 3.
DPD said this will allow for time to disinfect and clean the facility and to allow for staff to get better.
They said if assistance is needed to call 806-244-5544 and they will send an officer to you.
The department added that officers will still be patrolling and other agencies will assist when needed.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- November is Alzheimer’s awareness month
- Kamala Harris takes Texas tour on final day of early voting
- Texas early voting exceeds total of all 2016 ballots
- Babe: Rookie quarterback starting
- Texas Workforce Commission to host statewide veterans job fair