CORRECTION: This story has been updated to reflect correct information from the leading investigating agency on the number of fatalities in this wreck.
UPDATE: TxDPS is now saying the driver of the Jeep Grand Cherokee was Morris Jefferson, 64, of Philadelphia, Pa.
CARSON COUNTY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Crews are on the scene of a fatal wreck on I-40 in Carson County.
The Carson County Sheriff said an 18-wheeler crossed the median and hit a Jeep Grand Cherokee on the other side of the highway.
According to DPS Sgt. Cindy Barkley the driver of the Jeep died. Two people were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Troopers are still investigating the wreck.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Local family creates community bins for neighbors in need
- Water flowing in San Antonio’s River Walk is clear following stay at home order
- Oklahoma Inmates Join Coronavirus Fight
- Feds refuse again to list bi-state grouse along state line
- Joe Exotic files $94 million lawsuit over his prosecution