In July of 1885, the first herds of cattle arrived at the XIT ranch. To celebrate this event, the XIT General Office is hosting its first annual Cowboy Christmas in July.
The event will start at 4 p.m. with displays of collections from the ranch, a blacksmith, windmill demonstration, and sharing of history. At 6 p.m., Adrian Buckaroogirl (from the Voice) will perform and the supper bell for a chuckwagon feast will ring shortly thereafter. At sundown, Brady Bowen and Swing Country will rosin up their bows for the street dance.
This event is entry by donation. It will take place at 517 Main Street in Channing, TX.
There will also be a silent auction full of western related items.
Silent Auction Items:
- Jeweled money clip from Coolhorse,
- A rope and a headstall from Oliver’s Saddelry
- Kevin Stephens donated one of his custom knives.
- Drop Silver Necklace from Montana Silversmiths
- Amos Charbonneau donated handcrafted reins and a headstall as well as a few bits, and an elk rack.
- D & S Cattle donated a few pretty wild rags
- Boutique Items
- RL Performance Horses donated a breeding to Romeo White Feathers who is by Frenchmans Guy and out of Time for Sharni.
- Bruce Keller Performance Horses donated a breeding to their Bay Stud Flips Smore, who is Flipmia x Colonel Flip out of Sheeza Moore x Master Jet Moore.
The no. 15 rule for the XIT ranch was no alcohol, and at this event, they are following that tradition.
All proceeds from this event will go to the XIT General Office for general maintenance, repairs, and the hope is to establish a museum in the building. This event will help share Channing’s best kept secret and showcase the building to the general public.
This event relies strongly on the sponsorship of panhandle businesses and benefactors, who will be featured throughout the event. If you are interested in helping, please contact the XIT General Office.