AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The City of Amarillo Public Health Department is reporting COVID-19 test results for nursing homes in Potter and Randall counties.
According to APH, as of Wednesday, June 3, of the 2,320, six percent of people tested in nursing homes tested positive for COVID-19. A total of 67% tested negative and a total of 27% of tests were pending.
APH said residents and staff of nursing homes in Amarillo are included in the testing process.
Gov. Greg Abbott required the statewide testing of nursing home staff and residents back in May.
“The numbers will fluctuate as test results come in,” said Amarillo Public Health Director Casie Stoughton. “Right now, the positive rates at our nursing homes are staying relatively low, and we certainly hope these relatively low numbers will continue.”
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WATCH: Kaboom Town 2020 fireworks from Addison!
- Man killed after being shot and run over by car; juvenile girl charged with murder
- Police: Girl filmed while being attacked by group on New York school property
- Washington Redskins to conduct ‘thorough review’ of team name
- World War II Vet and grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment