(WFLA) A bulldog stolen four years ago from a California home has turned up some 2,800 miles away.
The English bulldog named Maggie was taken from a home in Patterson, California in 2015.
Last month, she turned up in Sarasota, Florida after police arrested a couple suspected in a string of home burglaries.
According to police, 52-year-old Tracie Defee stole the dog and fled to Florida.
Police say while there, defer, and 48-year-old Michael Paine took Maggie with them on various break-ins.
Police asked people to be on the look-out for the dog, hoping it would lead them to the thieves. Eventually, a neighbor recognized Maggie and called the Sarasota Police Department.
The couple was arrested and now face a variety of criminal charges including burglary, trespassing and dealing in stolen property.
As for Maggie, she was put on a plane and sent back to California where she was reunited with her rightful owner.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2s44U6M
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Bureau of Land Management confirms ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste
- Maxwell’s Pumpkin Farm opens First Magical Christmas Festival this weekend
- Gracie’s Project offers tips on those getting pets this holiday season
- 11 wounded in ‘mass shooting’ at Grenada biker club
- Zoom invite scam: Don’t click that phony ‘reactivate’ or ‘reschedule’ link!