HOUSTON (CW39) Costco Wholesale Corp said on Thursday it would raise the minimum wage for its hourly staff to $16 per hour starting next week.
That’s a dollar more than what its competitors Walmart Inc. which starts employees off at $11/hour. Inc, and Amazon.com Inc., which raised its minimum to $15/hour in 2018.
Even Target Corp. that did the same over the summer.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Kind House Ukraine Bakery Hosting Events to Fund New Store Front
- American honey may contain traces of nuclear fallout from 50s and 60s: study
- Video: Cassidy delivers speech on Seacor Power tragedy
- ‘Common sense’ Bipartisan Border Solutions Act aims to rapidly process migrant influx
- Biden: US to cut 50% of greenhouse gas emissions by 2030