There is no limit to the creative things you can do with easy things around your home. We’re all about early learning … so these are ideas that are fun and creative but also have the added benefits of helping young children strengthen their hands and fingers (will need for writing), developing hand-eye coordination, get to use their imaginations to see things in their own way, explore different techniques for building or connecting things! So the key is … don’t give them ideas … let it be open ended. Set the materials out and just say “GO!” Here are some tips to keep it open-ended … Remember, it’s about the process, not the product!
· No time limits … creativity needs time to build
· Don’t put it away … allow children to come a go and continue to work on it at will.
· Notice on what you see … “look at all the yellow dots you painted.”
· Say YES to the children’s ideas!
· Offer new and interesting materials
· Take it outside and look at it in the light.
· Let the child decide where to display their art where it looks best … it’s their art, not yours! Let your children have the freedom to make it their own … no rules! Children are more likely to relax and express their feelings when there are no boundaries!