Cooking with Rocky: Two Jicama Dishes
Jicama Mandarin Salad
- 1 Jicama; peeled/diced (raw)
- 2-3 Mandarin Orange; segments
- 2-3 White Mushrooms; sliced
- 2 Radish; sliced (keep radish greens to add to greens mix)
- 1 lb Baby Greens Mix
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinagrette; (or favorite vinaigrette)
- TT Black Pepper
1. Peel/dice jicama.
2. Toss jicama with mushroom, radish, and mandarin orange segments.
3. In a separate bowl, toss greens with vinaigrette.
4. Plate greens, and then top with jicama mix.
5. Finish with fresh ground black pepper.
- 1 Jicama; peeled/julienne
- 4 cups Oil; *Rocky likes peanut or a canola blend for this.
- Seasoning Pink Himalayan Salt
- Black Pepper
- Granulated Garlic
- Smoked Paprika
1. Peel/julienne jicama.
2. Heat oil to 350F.
3. In small batches, fry jicama until crispy.
4. Remove from oil and toss with seasoning in mixing bowl.
5. Lay on a paper towel lined dish while finishing batches.
6. Serve hot or at room temperature.