Cooking with Rocky: Smoked Egg Salad Toast
- 6 Eggs; large
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ Lemon; juice
- ½ Shallot; minced
- 1 Celery; diced
- 3 Baby Dill Pickles
- 1 tbsp Pimento; diced
- 1 tsp SALT Spanish Smoked Paprika
- TT SALT Himalayan Pink Salt/SALT Tellicherry Pepper
- 4 White Bread; toasted
- 1 Heirloom Tomato; sliced
- *Optional Fresh Dill
- Toast the bread and set aside.
- Hard boil eggs:
- Put eggs into pot.
- Pour cool water over eggs until they are fully submerged.
- Add 1 tsp baking soda to water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, turn off heat and cover pot for 12 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to the ice water bath to cool before peeling.
- Combine egg, mayo, mustard, lemon juice, shallot, celery, pickle and spices thoroughly (adjust seasoning to taste).
- For best result, refrigerate overnight.
- Slice tomato to desired thickness.
- Place toast…tomato…egg salad…
- Garnish with additional paprika (and dill).