Cooking with Rocky: Salmon en Papillote
- 2 ea Salmon Filet; skin-off
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 ea Fennel; ¼ in. slices
- ½ cup White Wine
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Tarragon; minced
- ½ ea Shallot; minced
- ¼ cup Capers
- 2 ea Yukon Gold Potatoes; sliced
- TT SALT Pink Himalayan Salt
- TT SALT Tellicherry Pepper
- 2 ea Parchment Paper
Optional: ¼ cup Bruschetta, Herb Salad, or Tapenade topping.
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Pan-fry fennel slices until golden and fragrant.
3. Meanwhile, cut parchment paper into large heart-shaped pieces.
4. On ½ of the parchment paper, layer fennel, and potato.
5. Place a salmon filet onto the potato.
6. Top each salmon with ½ of the wine, butter, tarragon, capers, and shallot.
7. Season with S&P.
8. Begin closing the package by making small folds on the pointed end.
9. Continue folding in several small folds until the package is sealed.
10. Bake at 400F for approx. 15 min.
11. Once done, place package directly on the plate and cut open.
12. Top with desired topping (or just enjoy as is!).