C ooking with Rocky: Roasted Squash and Mushroom Gnocchi
Ingredients: Serves 2-4
- 1 Acorn Squash; small dice w/skin on
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Baby Portobello Mushroom; sliced
- ½ Shallot; sliced thin
- 1 Garlic Clove; minced
- 1 Gnocchi
- ½ cup Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan; grated
- ½ cup Parsley; chopped
- TT Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 2 qt Boiling Water
- ¼ cup Kosher Salt
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Placed diced acorn squash on sheet pan and drizzle with oil.
3. Roast for 15 min. (or until roasted and tender).
4. Bring water to a rapid boil in a stockpot.
5. Add salt to boiling water.
6. Drop gnocchi in and cook until it floats (approx. 2-3 min.)
7. In saute pan, heat oil and saute mushroom, shallot, and garlic.
8. Add stock and heavy cream.
9. Toss in acorn squash.
10. Strain gnocchi.
11. Toss gnocchi with sautéed vegetables.
12. Season to taste.
13. Adjust sauce with pasta water if needed.
14. Finish with fresh parsley and parmesan.