Cooking with Rocky: Mojo Pulled Pork
- 1 ea Pork Butt (avg. 5#)
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- ½ cup Lime Juice
- 4 ea Key Lime; halved/squeezed
- 1 tbsp Garlic; minced
- 1 tbsp SALT Spanish Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp SALT Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp SALT Tellicherry Peppercorn
- 1 ea Serrano Pepper
- ½ cup Fresh Cilantro; leaves
- 1 tbsp Fresh Oregano; leaves
- 12 ea Slider Buns
- ½ cup Arugula
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Rub pork butt with paprika, S/P, and garlic
3. Place in ziplock bag (or similar bag).
4. Pour in juices and add squeezed key limes.
5. Marinade for about 12 hours.
1. Remove pork from marinade to disposable pan.
2. Pour marinade over pork.
3. Roast at 425F for approx. 30min. uncovered.
4. Lower oven to 350F.
5. Cover pork and roast an additional 1 hour. (or until internal temp reaches 160F)
6. Remove pork and tent with foil to rest for 15 min.
1. Pour remaining liquid into blender.
2. Add serrano, cilantro, and oregano.
3. Puree until smooth.
1. Once rested, shred pork with two forks.
2. Toss with mojo sauce from blender.
Optional: Rocky likes to make sliders with arugula!