Cooking with Rocky: Green Chile Pimento Cheese Sandwich with Candied Bacon
- 4 slice Whole Grain Bread
- 8 oz Smoked Gouda; grated
- 8 oz Sharp White Cheddar; grated
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 8 oz Cream Cheese; softened
- 1 Hatch Green Chile; roasted
- 2 oz Diced Pimento
- 1 Garlic; minced
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Green Onion; chopped
- 8 oz Bacon; diced/candied
1. Mash salt into garlic with chef knife to create a puree.
2. Mix cheeses, mayo, and cream cheese together thoroughly.
3. Fold in remaining ingredients except green onion and bacon.
4. Toast bread on flat-bottomed pan or skillet with butter.
5. Top toast with pimento cheese.
6. Garnish with green onion and bacon and additional slice of toast.