Cooking with Rocky: Chorizo and Clams
- ½ lb Clams
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ lb Chorizo
- ¼ cup Fennel; thin sliced (reserve fronds)
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 2 Garlic Clove; minced
- 1 tsp SALT Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp SALT Tellicherry Pepper
- 2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 cup White Wine; dry
- ¼ cup Parsley; chopped
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Lemon; zest/juice
- 1 French Baguette; sliced/toasted
1. In large saute pan, cook chorizo in olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add fennel and onion to cook until soft.
3. Add garlic, paprika, and pepper.
4. Add stock and wine.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Once boiling, add clams and cook until clams open (happens quickly).
7. *Discard any unopened clams.
8. To finish, add butter, parsley, lemon zest/juice.
9. Serve with toasted baguette.