Cooking with Rocky: Black and Bleu Steak Salad
- 2 ea Strip Steak
- 1 ea Romaine Heart
- ¼ cup Green Onion
- 1 ea Heirloom Tomato
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup Bleu Cheese Dressing
- ½ cup Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- ½ cup SALT Blackening Season
- ¼ cup Beef Stock
1. Cut tomato into wedges and place in a ziplock back with balsamic vinegar for 1 hour.
2. Heat grill (or grill pan) on high.
3. Season both sides of steaks with seasoning.
4. Allow steaks to come to room temperature with seasoning on them.
5. Grill steaks on high heat.
6. Once steak reaches the desired temperature, remove to rest for approx. 5 min.
1. In mixing bowl, mix 1 tbsp blackening season with beef stock.
2. Mix in bleu cheese dressing.
3. Cut romaine heart in half, and dip entire heart into the dressing.
4. Plate dressed lettuce on a plate with marinated tomato.
5. Slice steak and place directly on top of dressed lettuce.
6. Garnish with green onion and bleu cheese crumbles.