Cooking with Rocky: Bacon and Wild Mushroom Dressing
Ingredients: Serves 8
- Bread; large dice, (Rocky likes sourdough)
- ½ Crimini Mushroom; chopped
- ½ Shiitake Mushroom; chopped
- ½ Portobello Mushroom; chopped
- ½ Bacon; thick cut, diced
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 3 Garlic Clove; minced
- 4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Parsley Bunch; leaves chopped
- ¼ cup Herbes de Provence; dry
- 2 Eggs
- TT Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Toast diced bread until golden (or use stale bread).
3. In large sauté pan, render bacon.
4. Saute onions, mushrooms, and garlic until soft in with bacon.
5. Deglaze pan with chicken stock, and add dry herbs.
6. In mixing bowl, mix toasted bread with fresh parsley.
7. Pour the onion/stock mixture into the mixing bowl with bread.
8. Add egg.
9. Season (be careful with salt, bacon is already salty).
10. Scrape dressing into casserole dish.
11. Cover and bake at 375F for approx. 30 min.
12. Uncover and continue to bake until top is golden brown.
13. Allow to cool before serving!