AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo Police Chief Ed Drain has accepted the position of police chief in Plano.
The City of Plano confirmed today that they offered Chief Drain the position and that he accepted.
Before working for APD, Chief Drain worked as assistant police chief in Plano.
Chief Drain was named interim chief at APD back in June 2016 and was named permanent chief three months later.
There has been no word on when his last day with APD will be.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Advocates ‘shocked’ to learn Biden considered keeping Trump’s cap on refugees
- Counties with more Trump voters are less likely to be vaccinated, data shows
- Montana guide dies after grizzly mauling near Yellowstone
- Tyrannosaurs may have hunted in packs like wolves, new research shows
- The Female Field: 4 Olympians launch women’s sports media company TOGETHXR