Chef Rocky’s Summer Party: Canape Duo
Ingredients: Crab and Avocado
- 2 ea Avocado
- 1 ea Tomato; roasted/blistered
- 1 ea Shallot; roasted/blistered
- 1 ea Lemon; juice only
- 1 can Crab; pasteurized
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 6 ea Cherry Tomato; halved
- 6 ea Wheat Bread; sliced
- TT SALT Himalayan Pink Salt/Tellicherry Peppercorn
1. Pre-roast and chill tomato and shallot.
2. Cut bread and toast at 350F for approx. 8 min.
3. In a processor add avocado, tomato, shallot, and lemon juice.
4. Season to taste with S&P.
5. Top toast with avocado mixture, a few pieces of crab, and fresh cherry tomato.
6. Drizzle with olive oil, and finish with more cracked pepper.
Ingredients: Goat Cheese, Prosciutto, and Berries
- 4 oz Goat Cheese
- 4 oz Prosciutto; thin sliced
- 4 oz Berries; *(Rocky likes to mix blueberry and raspberry.)
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Baby Arugula
- 6 ea Rye Bread; sliced
- TT SALT Himalayan Pink Salt
1. Cut bread and toast at 350F for approx. 8 min.
2. On cutting board, rough chop berries together.
3. Top toast with goat cheese, a bit of berries, and prosciutto.
4. Finish with drizzle of vinegar, arugula, and salt.